Today at 2:30pm (EST) I will host a radio show on BlogTalkRadio:
Bridging the Gap Between PTSD and the People Who Love Us: What Every PTSDer Needs to Know About the View From the Other Side
Guests for the show will be my mom, Eileen Rosenthal, who stuck by and did not abandon me (despite all the reasons I gave her to do so!) through 25 years of undiagnosed PTSD hell.
And Deb Vaughan, who runs the 'I Love Someone With PTSD And I'm Not Alone' group on Facebook. A few things to know about Deb and her PTSD mission:
- Making a difference has always been important to me. I became involved in service organizations in high school.
- My work with PTSD is personal. My partner has PTSD and I have friends who struggle with it as well.
- I think it's important to erase the stigma, increase awareness, and dispel myths. Until we do these things psychiatric programs will never get the funding they need.
Topics will include:
- How supporters feel in the midst of the PTSD struggle before diagnosis.
- The most difficult thing about watching someone struggle with PTSD.
- How to communicate with someone who has PTSD.
- Advice for anyone supporting a loved one with PTSD.
To listen to the show live click here. Afterward, the show will be archived on the BTR site here.
If you'd like to participate in the interview, feel free to call in with comments and suggestions at (347) 637-1847 .